Homeowners in the Lone Star State can deal with all kinds of different challenges including:
- Fire or lightning
- Wind or hail
These events can cause significant damage to your home, no matter where you live. At GlobalGreen Insurance Agency, we’re here to help you find the coverage that will protect the assets you can't afford to lose, no matter where you call home in Texas. Whether it’s San Antonio, Boerne, Bulverde, Bandera, New Braunfels or anywhere else in the great state of Texas, we can help you find the home insurance coverage you need at a price that you can afford!
Types of Texas Homeowner’s Insurance
Unlike Texas Auto Insurance, homeowners insurance isn't required by law. However, if you finance your home with a mortgage, your lender will likely require evidence of insurance on the home.
Texas homeowners policies come with a wide array of coverages. Here are a few Texas home insurance coverages and what is generally considered covered property:
- Dwelling Coverage helps protect your Texas home and the structures directly attached to it. Your dwelling coverage can help protect your Texas home inside and out when it’s damaged in a covered loss. This includes your roof, siding, walls, flooring, heating, and air conditioning.
- Personal Property helps protect your personal belongings such as furniture, clothing, and electronics.
- Personal Liability helps cover your legal defense against a liability claim or lawsuit. This coverage can also help pay for damages that you’re held liable for. For example, if your neighbor trips on a loose floorboard and gets injured, your personal liability insurance can help cover the costs.
More Texas Homeowner’s Insurance Coverages:
- Equipment Breakdown Coverage helps cover mechanical or electrical breakdowns of your appliances and electronics. (normal wear and tear excluded)
- Other Structures Coverage helps protect structures on your property that are not directly attached to your home. For example, if your detached garage is damaged from a fire or vandalism, this coverage can help pay the repair costs.
- Loss of Use Coverage helps cover your additional living expenses while your home is unlivable and in the process of being repaired. For example, if your home is under repair and you have to stay in a hotel for a week, your loss of use coverage can help pay the bill.
- Medical Payments helps protect you if someone is injured on your property. For instance, if someone slips and falls in your backyard, medical payments coverage can help with the costs associated with the injury. Regardless of whether you are legally responsible, your medical payments coverage will only cover bills up to your policy limits. Replacement Cost Coverage for Contents allows for reimbursement of an item at today’s cost to replace the damaged item with a like, kind and quality item.
- Valuable Items Coverage provides extra coverage for your jewelry, china, crystal, silverware, guns and more. While your homeowners policy may limit coverage for theft on jewelry, Valuable Items Blanket Coverage can increase your coverage limits.
Home Insurance Adds Value to Your Home
Another benefit of having home insurance is that it adds value to your home. If you ever decide to sell your home, potential buyers will see that you have an active home insurance policy as an added layer of protection. This can give them peace of mind and make them more likely to purchase your home.
Home Insurance Gives You Financial Protection
Home insurance not only protects your house itself from damage, but it also gives you financial protection if someone is injured on your property. If somebody sues you after being hurt on your land, then your home insurance will cover both their medical bills and any lawyer fees you end up paying.
GlobalGreen Insurance Agency Can Help
As you can see, there are many benefits to having home insurance in Texas. If you don't already have a policy, now is the time to get one. Contact GlobalGreen Insurance Agency today. Don't wait until it's too late— check that you have the insurance coverage you need today!